Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011 (Palmyra)

We finally made it to Palymra, after being on the road for over one week. We meet up with Daryl's dad and his wife Judy and was able to visit with them for a while. We saw the sites like the following picture of Joseph Smith's home where the Angel Moroni appeared to him. We also made it to the Hill Cumorah pageant that I have wanted to see forever. It was wonderful.




This next picture is of Daryl and I in the Scared Grove. I took my kindle in and we sat on the bench and read the story of the First Vision. The Spirit was strong in the Grove and it was a highlight of our trip.





This is a picture of the Palymra Temple. We did not get a chance to go into this one. But it is beautiful as usual. This temple was built on the Smith Family farm and can be seen through the trees from the Scared Grove


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to experience that. I've enjoyed reading about your trip.

    ReplyDelete