Monday, July 20, 2009

Youth Conference

Well I got invited to youth conference again. Bishop called me up Wendesday and asked if I couldn't go to youth conference to help out. It was at Camp William this year. The kids did all kinds of fun things before I got there including games, repelling off a tower, and swimming. By the time I got there they were just finishing up swimming.

As always it is a lot of hard work, here are some of our helpers in the kitchen. I mostly stayed with the youth, but did a little in the kitchen.




As you can tell we had good eats. Kids always make it fun but especially when it comes to food.





After the food came our guest speaker, it was Lavel Edwards. I can certainly see why he was a coach and a good one. It was quite motivating, and several great messages. After that a testimony meeting.




We Slept in the barricks at the camp. The adults and boys together, on the main floor and the Girls and their leaders on the second floor. It wasn't too bad. The next day packed up, cleaned up and went through the open house at the Oquirrh temple. Kind of a short trip, but worth while. I am glad the Bishop thought of me to help out.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was short and sweet, but well worth the time. Glad you got to do this!!

    ReplyDelete