Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moving and Birthdays

Well we had a long weekend this last week. Sean and Monica Closed on their new home and we went up to help them make the move. We went up Wednesday. We were planning on going up in the morning but before we could get out of here we lost power in the house. Someone crashed their truck into a power pole, one pole away from the one by our house and broke it in half. The lines were down and a fence caught fire on the other side of the street. We had a hard time getting out of our driveway, but finally did. Monica had most things packed up when we arrived and Sean had things pretty well packed in the garage. We took Loaded and unloaded two big uhaul trucks, my van three times and their pickup truck twice, before the Elders quorum got there that night. I was beat, my only consulation was Sean seemed to be really tired as well. Although he helped the elders load and unload the uhaul truck, while I sat around, for the most part. Truth is my wife said I had to stop, but she didn't have to talk to hard.

I am getting ahead of myself, the first night we just watched the little ones, while Sean and Monica packed a little. Then we went to Seans baseball game and were entertained both by the game and by watching Batman playing in the dirt.



Sean did fantastic at the game, scoring 3 of the 14 runs they had, stopping many balls at third base and busting open his finger. They won I think 14 - 3. Good job Sean.

Monica did get a little carried away on her packing. She was very efficient maybe too much so. Because latter we found Ayden a little surprised in one of the boxes.



Gayelene had brought up a quilt she had made for Gavin. She was very proud of it and Gavin seemed to enjoy it as well. I think Gavin slept through most of the move, which was his job anyway. I can't believe how good my grandchildren are.

We just puttered around the next day, unpacking and putting things together and organizing. I think we only had a couple of small loads the next day, but I enjoyed so much working with Sean putting things together and doing little odd projects. We put together their new Ikea dresser, the crib, their bench, cut down the tv entertainment center and moved boxes around in the house and garage. I must have carried and hiked the stairs a hundred times that day. But it was amazing how much we got done, when the four of us went to work.

I have a story to tell too. During the move when all the elders got to their house we were waiting around to head over to the apartment to get that load. We were standing around in the garage, when Ayden came out of the house to the garage and announced at the top of his lungs, "That is my Grandpa" and points at me. Nobody was listening, so he yelled it again and again, until everyone knew. I was beaming from ear to ear. I love my Grandchildren.

Sean and Monica took such good care of us, we had fun with them, ate like kings, and worked like slaves, and totally loved every minute of it. It was hard to leave, but we left tired and happy. The house is beautiful and they are in. Congradulations.

Next we made it to Spencer and Mary Elizabeths, for the boys birthday. We got there and they fed us dinner and we talked for awhile in the new basement with Aunt Wendy and her husbad. Becky was there and she had made a cake for the boys. It is a transformer cake. We sang the boys happy birthday and Becky puts this big piece of cake in front of both boys. It was more like four pieces of cake and let the boys have at it.



Pen went to it like it was his last piece he would ever have and loved it, kind of made a mess of himself and the whole kitchen. At one time picking up the whole piece and stuffing it in his face.



Logan was different he played with it but kept teasing us looking like he was going to eat a piece and then setting the piece down. Finally he got a bite and then he liked it. But still ate it with one pinky finger in the air. The perfect gentleman.



Of course after cleaning the boys up there was presents to open and play with.



They both had a great time and were a joy to watch.





We loved our time with everyone, but boy were we worn out. What a great thing to visit everyone, and what a great thing to get home and rest.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is a lot of fun!! I am jealous that you got to play with all of my cute nephews!! Less than one month than you will have to share with me!!

    ReplyDelete