Friday, April 10, 2009

California trip

I was looking at our blog and realized that I had forgot to blog about our trip to California to visit Candis and Joe. We really had a good time and on the way got to visit with Alan and Liz - they are such great hosts and we really felt welcome. Joesph provided the entertainment with bagpipes and it was fun to hear how good he is at that as well as the piano. Keep up the good work Joseph.

We visited Hollywood. I always wanted to go to Hollywood and see the Star's star on the sidewalk so this was pretty exciting for me. Just to walk around and see all the stars and who has a star. They were all over the place.



We also went to the Hollywood Wax Museum. It was not as impressive as I remember from when I visited as a young child. But here are a couple of pictures. Candis and I in front of Pirate of the Carribean.



This picture is of the actors that betrayed James Bond and then the 3 Charlie Angels.



We went on a hike to see the tidal waves. It was a beautiful hike with the ocean in the back ground. We hike up a hill by the ocean, around the hill and then back down the other side. Here is a picture of Candis, Alexis and I at the end of the hike. Coming down some steep stairs.



This is a picture of us during the hike. As you can see it was really pretty with the ocean in the back ground.



One day we just spend hanging around the complex and enjoying the exercise room and the swimming pool. It was a relaxing day. I wish I had taken a picture of this because it was a nice set up and Alexis really enjoyed being outside. I did get to feed Alexis by the pool and that was fun. I can't get it in fast enough.

The last day before we came home. Candis, Daryl and I had the opportunity to see a taping of "The Doctor's". It was interesting to see how it is done. the show actually aired and Candis was the only one that saw it. She said it was the same at the taping expect for a few minor changes.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why, but I can't post a comment on your previous post. It looks like you got much better pics then I did. Would you mind sending them my way?

    ReplyDelete